Sunday, October 23, 2016

Sea Spray

Sea Spray, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2016

A couple of weeks ago, I had the opportunity to paint in Carmel, California. My husband had meetings in Spanish Bay, so... there I was, and I just happened to bring my paint kit along! ;) The famous 17 Mile Drive was right outside our hotel, so I got out early to study that glorious, rugged coastline. What I didn't anticipate was how many tourists would be stopping by that same spot, and how many people would ask to take my picture. It was pretty funny. I can only imagine the number of family slide shows I ended up in! 

I finally asked one of them to take a picture with MY camera too... so I could have a picture for my own slide show! Here I am on my rock in full painting mode... a beautiful morning with no winds. Pretty idyllic!

See that little Sea Gull in the top right corner sitting on the rock? He watched me paint the entire time I was out there. He was great company!

2 comments:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Beautiful and fun having that hull watch you.

Barbara Muir said...

Beautiful painting, and gorgeous painter. No wonder
they wanted to take your picture -- such a pro.

XOXOXOXOXO Barbara