Thursday, September 7, 2017

Marsh Dock and the calm before the storm...

Marsh Dock, 9 x 12, oil on panel, L. Daniel © 2017
SOLD

On Labor Day, I grabbed an opportunity to get out and paint on St. Simons Island. It was my last day before heading back to Texas after a wonderful family visit; and this peaceful marsh scene was calling my name. The color of the grasses and drifting clouds and the screeching birds were simply enticing! When a neighbor came by and asked for my card, I didn't think much of it (I give out a lot of cards). But she called me later that day and bought it! This doesn't happen very often and I was delighted! Thank you, TP!

Now, Hurricane Irma is projected to barrel right into this beautiful spot. My painting time was truly the calm before the storm. Everyone is scurrying to prepare, and many will evacuate. Hearts are anything but peaceful. This is a dangerous hurricane season... please add St. Simons Island and the Georgia coast (along with all those in Irma's path) to your prayers!

1 comment:

Sharon L. Graves said...

Love this and I love that it sold especially to someone who probably lives there and will treasure it. Prayers being offered for all. My aunt and uncle are here from Naples, Florida until Irma passes.